Thursday, July 5, 2007

Mommy Moments

Sometimes as mothers we experience moments that make us laugh, cry, yell or just ponder.
So I have been a mom of 2 for three months now and I thought I was doing a pretty good job with the adjustment of two, until this morning. I decided to bathe both my 3yr old and 3mos old at the same time. I was feeling pretty confident about this task but little did I know the chaos I was about to encounter. I put Aiden in his tub and began to soak Ethan, so far so good. Suddenly Aiden starts screaming as if someone were pinching him. Ethan who is now all soaked and lathered and I stare at Aiden bewildered at what might have caused this. I rinse Ethan in a rush so I can go help Aiden and then I realize what was going on. He was pooping. He just laid a big one in his little tub for me to clean up. He continues to scream and I let go of Ethan so I can get Aiden. Just as I let go of Ethan and tell him to be careful he falls down. So now I have a crying toddler and a screaming, poopy baby. By the time I get to Aiden he has managed to dip his feet into his poop and all over the tub. I clean Aiden up and put him down to go console Ethan. At this point I also want to cry. Finally, they both calm down. I am now bathing Aiden while Ethan sits and plays. And once again, Aiden lays another big one but this time in my arm. I thought this bath would never end. Never again will I attempt to bathe a 3yr old and a 3mos old at the same time. At the moment it wasn't funny but now I can laugh at it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been there Mari!!! You'll be laughing about that for years to come, right...just not at the moment! Oh my, life as Mommy is full...the real question is full of what?!?! (Sigh, Smile)

Holly said...

You're very brave, Mari! At least you tried it and now you know to wait awhile before trying it again. I am sorry you went through this, but sometimes it's nice to know that other moms have crazy moments just like me. :)

Scott and Lynn said...

Wow! Sounds like quite the commotion :) My kids both did that a couple of times - then when they got older I made them stand there while I cleaned the tub! It worked! They hated being cold and decided it was worth getting out to use the potty (of course they were much older than 3 months :) )