Tuesday, October 30, 2007

From Autumn to Winter to Life

I am caught in the midst of seasons
Autumn is here and gone
Winter has come again
I stand here naked and cold
My limbs crackle as
The wind blows those persistent leaves
That continue to hang on
Not wanting to let go,
Strongly resisting the beckoning call of change.
Ignoring the law of Nature
Afraid of what lies ahead,
They hold on to their security.
But the Breeze continues to gently persist
blowing softly as a reminder
That it's time- it's time, to let go.
The weight, the burden of the leaves intensifies
On these bare crackling limbs and
I relinquish
I let them go.

I wrote this in grad school as I sat on what was called "The Point." I called it my "sweet haven" where I would go meet with my Savior. God taught me a lot out there as I sat in silence listening to the wind, the rain, the thunder, myself, my friends, His Word, His Spirit....

No comments: