Sunday, July 13, 2008

Loading up and moving out!



Since April we have been slowly packing our stuff, selling our stuff, getting rid of our stuff and this week was the finale. Ben's parents drove all the way from Georgia with their truck and a trailer to come pick up our stuff. When I saw them drive up with the trailer I thought to myself "that sure is a big truck for the little bit we have to pack up." Well, here's a picture of the trailer As you can see I was wrong. Our stuff barely fit. It amazes how much we can accumulate in such a short time. We had our living room furniture in it so I know that took up alot of the room but still all those little things all add up. From the beginning I thought it would be easy to get rid of our stuff because I don't have personal attachments to objects so that would be easy. Little did I know that it would be hard not necessarily losing certain things but just not having stuff. Ughhh, how our stuff consumes us sometimes.

Well, our stuff is on it's way to GA and we won't see it again for another three years. If your reading this today say a prayer for my in laws who are driving that monstrous thing back to GA 19hours straight through. Thanks Donna and Larry for the time and money you put into getting our things(and not to mention the sleep you have lost)!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We did get your sweet card...your picture brightens our kitchen on the fridge! We would have loved to be at your send off party, but we had already bought tickets for the Rangers a long while back. I'm sure it was a super sweet time!

We will be continuing to pray for your family - full support to be raised, all the transitions ahead, and for God to supply and use your family as you serve the children and the community in Ecuador!!! Be sure to post lots, kay!!!

Hugs, Aimee