Monday, October 6, 2008
A mothers view
The other day I was making a quick run to the store and on my way there from afar I saw this little body curled up on the sidewalk. I couldn't quite tell what it was or what was going on. As I got closer I saw this little 3yr old sitting on the ground curled up with a hand full of crumbs eating out of his hand. When he looked up his little face was covered in white. He was out there all by himself selling gum. I was overwhelmed with emotion and tears kept rolling. I tried to compose myself but as a mother I couldn't. I just thought of the dire need this family must be in that they would have to send there 3yr old to work. We are surrounded by this everyday that we walk the streets in Quito. Its so hard for me to share because it hurts to see these children in the street. It breaks my heart that I can't do anything about it. There are organizations here helping the poverty stricken families but the need is so huge that the resources seem to get buried by the demand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment