I can finally say I am satisfied with the way our home looks and how my hair looks. I am not the kind of woman who spends much time at the salon. For me salons are for special occasions mothers day or birthday gift certificates. Living here in this country I have come to realize that women spend a lot of time at the salon. Why? Because its so cheap. They go to the salon to get their hair brushed and hair dryed, to get their nails done on a weekly basis, etc... I finally went and got my hair highlighted something I rarely do. It cost me $18 and manicures/pedicures start at $3 in some places the more expensive places cost $8, ha. So I was not satisfied with my highlights the first time around so I went back and asked them to fix it. By the third visit and the 3rd person working on my hair it was perfect. I was pampered and beautified and I left satisfied all for $18. The whole time Ben would say I don't see anything wrong with it.
We just moved into our home and if any of you remember me my home is an extension of my personality so I like it to decorate it. We moved into an apt with white walls that were soon becoming gray thanks to our two boys. After trying hard to put off painting our walls we finally gave into it this past week. We only tackled the living room but that is enough to keep me satisfied until we can get more time.
Thanks to God I am a bargain hunter and I have been able to find cheap finds either used from missionaries who are leaving or random finds. Our walls are covered in the art that I paint so we have been able to make it home for cheap even here in Ecuador where everything(but fruit, flowers and salons) cost 3 times as much as in the states.
No comments:
Post a Comment