Sunday, June 8, 2008

Flying with Children

Flying with babies and children can be very overwhelming. If your anything like me your biggest fear is that your child will have an emotional meltdown 5 min into your 2.5hr flight. So you pretty much do whatever and I mean whatever it takes to keep the peace. Most children pick up on this pretty quickly. So in the matter of 2.5 hrs your child may have sucked on 15 suckers, eaten 10 cookies and had a soda all in the name of keeping sane.

Toddlers and babies are another story. You pray that they are overwhelming tired and take a 2hr nap. Or you succumb to accidentally sticking in their mouth a syringe with night time Benadryl.(i have never done that) You can still bribe your toddler with candy and coke but your baby nooo they won't have any of that. They will just cry when ever they want to and however loud they want and for however long they want to even after you give them a cookie(they don't understand the terms of bribery).

I found myself trying to put Aiden to sleep and him tossing, turning and crying b/c he couldn't get comfortable. So after he finally dozes off in this very strange position, I am relieved. But there was a problem -his body was positioned very oddly and I was losing all feeling in my right arm. Because I am a sacrificing mom and I also didn't want to face the wrath of a tired baby being awakened and the stares and mumbling of what a bad mom I am from those around me-I didn't move a single muscle.
Did I mention that we had a 8hr flight (including layover) and got in at midnite. Yea, that was fun! So now we are happily at the beach with family!

No comments: