Monday, May 11, 2009

Not too far from home

School breaks for us usually means that we stay home. Call me crazy but traveling in a bus that is jammed pack with people and hearing your kids whine for hours is not what I call restful. So staying home is so much more appealing. But this Spring Break we were able to rent a school van and go to some cabins the school owns for missionaries to use. Its about 30 mins from the big city of Quito. Big city living if any of you have ever done it can get tiring so this was a break we were looking forward to. In this picture we went to some ruins with the kids. We also got to hike down an inactive volcano that was with out the kids. That was quite the steep climb. On our way down we passed an elderly lady probably in her 70's climbing up. I was flabbergasted that she was not huffing and puffing. We on the otherhand were out of breath most of the way up. I am just amazed at how these elderly people are in such great shape. We did climb it in less than what the guide told us(yea!) but I am not sure if I could do that at 70.
Singing worship songs and folk songs with the girls.
The cabins. Actually, these are the cabins one of our mission teams will be doing a makeover on! Yea! Ethans little friend!

Our friends who joined us!

No comments: