
When Ben and I were dating I started something that I know he secretly loves. If you know Ben you know that he doesn't like a lot of attention on him nor does he like to be embarassed. What I would do on V-day is go to his school and deck his car out with lots of gaudy fun valentine decorations. Anything with bling that may catch someones eye. I think Ben secretly likes the attention so I did it almost every year until he worked 1hr away from us (hmmm maybe he did that on purpose). Well, he now works 2min away so Ethan and I came up with a lot of fun stuff for Daddy's Valentine week. Monday Ethan personally delivered to his classroom a big green frog balloon that said I LOVE YOU! (the kids loved it, Ethan loved it) Wednesday we made him a cookie plant. A lot harder than it looks. We put heart cookies on a stick and stuck them in a pot so it could look like a plant. Cute, but a lot of work. Ethan got to deliver that! Thursday was our super fun day! We decked his car out but this time I didn't go all out b/c of the super windy day and nothing would stick to his car. We put cutesy window cling on all over his window, hearts that said I LOVE YOU DADDY!, heart tinsel wrapped around the back of his car.

A new tradition I started was instead of buying Ben a v-day card I bought him a v-day childrens book and I write something in it. This way Ethan can use it afterwards and hopefully one day he can read them to his children and they can see the notes that I wrote to daddy. I keep the notes kid friendly nothing hot and steamy.
I was suprised with Tulips my favorite everyday this week and Ben cooked for me on V-day and made me one of my favorites Chocolate Angel Food Cake! He's so great!
No comments:
Post a Comment