Friday, May 16, 2008

Delightfully Surprised!

I was soooo proud of Ben for planning waaaay in advance something special for Mothers day and for our anniversary.
We had a missions conference to attend in Minneapolis on Mothers day and our anniversary weekend so I wasn't too excited about that. Thankfully, Ben had something up his sleeve. Shortly after we arrived into Minneapolis he told me I needed to put on some dancing shoes and wear something nice. Hmmmmm, I wondered. Whatever this is if it involves getting dressed up and dancing I am going to love it. Well, we arrived at this elegant restaraunt in upscale downtown Minneapolis. It was the perfect ambience of elegance and coolness. We sat down and had dinner and then a Latin/Brazilian band opened up the show. There was salsa lessons and then dancing to take your breath away. It was Fabulous!

Well, little did Ben know that I had something also. So half way through our meal I get on one knee and propose to him. He "lost" his wedding band about a month ago. We think Ethan flushed it down the toilet. So my surprise was to get another ordered and then propose. It was fun and we both laughed.

My Mothers day surprise was that he planned with the husbands of two of my good friends to get us all a pedicure so that we could enjoy it together. Another fabulous idea.

What impressed me the most of both of these gifts is the time and effort it took for him to think of something that I love and then put it together! Ahhhh, what a great husband God has blessed me with.
Minneapolis is not just the home of Mall of America but of 10,000 lakes. Here we are out on the dock of one of the 10,000 lakes!

No comments: