Friday, May 23, 2008

Ready for War or a date with mommy, hmmmm!


I have been waiting for this moment to take my little man out on a date. I think he understood what we were doing. You can be the judge of that.
Last night I was explaining to him that tomorrow we were going on a date. I asked him "Do you want to go on a date with mommy?" His response: Ummmmmm, Mommy I will fall down and get a stomach ache." I am thinking what is he talking about. So I explained again and then he says" Mommy I don't want to go on a GATE I will fall down and get a stomache." So I knew from previous experience that semantics is not an argument you will win with a toddler.
So this morning he woke up excited and ran to my room and said "Mommy let's go on our date". Ahhhh, so it is true we do learn in our sleep. 5p.m. comes around and Ethan says to me in a serious voice and face "Mommy it's time to go on our date". So off we went to get ready.
Ethan comes out in his battle field clothes. Ben and most of you guys will probably find this to be hilarious because I am sure many times you wish you had a shield, sword and helmet for some of your dates. He apparently didn't think this was going to be such a great date. He's ready for war!
Well, our date included Barney, everyones favorite (sarcasm)Teletubbies, Bob the Builder and Chucky Cheese. We started off the evening at Chucky Cheese and then we ate dinner and then we ended at the movies. We saw Horton Hears a Who. He was soooo sweet in the movies holding my hand and kissing it. Sweet Boy!(I do need to explain he can only do that to his mommy on a date)(Because of course my boy is going to hold hands and have his first kiss at the altar with his bride) Pinch me!

At the end of our date I asked him if he had fun. He said with a big smile on his face "let's do it again, mommy!" It was truly a special time.

No comments: