Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Mommy and Me Update!

Our First Mission - Books and Boogie!
Ps. 4:6 "Let the smile of your face shine on us Lord."

How sweet it is to minister and serve with our children! Actually to be honest, my children were in rare form this morning and they weren't so sweet. I think the Lord was giving me a glimpse of what it's like for a lot of mommies who have to deal with tantrums, disobedience, and crying regularly when they go out in public. I was thinking and talking to the Lord a couple of weeks ago about how I don't know what it's like to have to go on an outing with children who are constantly trying to test your patience. And maybe if I knew I would be able to make this more inviting for moms in that situation (by the way I am not bragging at all I don't take any credit for my children having an easy going temperament) Well, the Lord decided to show me this morning of all mornings what that's like. And yes, moms I do sympathize with you and I will take this into consideration so I will know how to better encourage you in the future. But enough about me, our time was truly precious. This is what memories are made of, this is what values are shaped from, this is how Jesus becomes real. To see our children be so giving of their possessions and so open and accepting as they played, danced and ate together with complete strangers of another race and culture.
Many thanks to all of you on the Mommy and Me Missions organizing crew.
Stay tune for the next one! Check out our website for details at www.mommyandmemissions.com

No comments: