Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A Woman's Purse

Before kids- Cute little patent leather purse
AFter kids- Big red leather duffel bag(it's not really a duffel bag)

If you were to spot me out in a crowd I would look like your average woman. You may even think I don't look like I have kids- if they weren't hanging off me. My clothes is put together okay (or at least I think so) and my purse and clothes usually coordinate not necessarily match but coordinate. Well today as I looked through my purse in the middle of a bible study class I had to chuckle because of the contents I had to rummage through to find my phone.

My purses have definitely taken a new look now that I'm a mommy. Before they were cute and small, always small. Now they are big and lumpy. According to my son "I need it" everywhere I go. He won't let me walk out the door with out it. You will see why as you read. If you were to randomly open my purse you would find: cell phone, keys, coins, gum, at this point your thinking okay that sounds normal. Well it get's worse: candy wrappers, baby star finger foods that have fallen out of it's container, some kind of fruit in a baggie(today it was a whole grapefruit, Bob the builder undies (got to be prepared for those potty accidents), hot wheel cars, kid tattoos, coupons for Sonic, Chic-fil-a, McDonald's (all those wonderful healthy places to take your children to eat), baby wipes and depending on the time of the month you will find other necessities. I used to carry a first aid kit and mosquito wipes.
Wow! I guess you could get stranded on an island for a day or two with my purse. Can't wait til he's into bugs and rocks. For some reason I think I will be sure to find them in my purse.
What treasures does your purse hold?

No comments: